• To provide a resourceful online dictionary.
• To provide this content globally, free of charge.
Users are Free to:
• Read and print (one copy) content on the website free of charge.
• Contribute or edit content where permissible.
Under the Following Conditions:
• You do not violate copyright or other laws.
• You support a civil environment and do not harass other users.
• You do not harm our technology infrastructure.
• You take responsibility for your contributions or edits.
• You generally must license your contributions and edits to our website under a free and open license (unless your contribution is in the public domain).
• The content of articles is for informational purposes only and does not constitute professional advice.
1. Our Services
The creators (The Creators) of www.international-dictionnaire.com (The Site) are dedicated to providing educational content globally to the public free of charge. You are responsible for your contributions or edits to The Site:
a. We do not take an editorial role: We generally do not monitor or edit the content The Site, and we do not take any responsibility for this content. Similarly, we do not endorse any opinions expressed via our services, and we do not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any submitted community content.
b. You are responsible for your own actions: You are legally responsible for your edits and contributions to The Site, so for your own protection you should exercise caution and avoid contributing any content that may result in criminal or civil liability under any applicable laws.
2. No Duplication or Redistribution:
Material contained in the Content may not be duplicated or redistributed without the prior written consent from the creators of The Site, except that one print copy of search output is permitted for use within Your home, and that search output may be stored temporarily in electronic media for editing or reformatting and subsequent printing of one print copy of search output for internal use.
3. No Modification:
You will not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works of, or in any way exploit any of the Content, in whole or in part, found on The Site. You agree that all rights to the Site, Content and any derivative work will remain with international-dictionnaire.com. You will download copyrighted Content solely for Your personal use, but will make no other use of the Content without the express written permission of international-dictionnaire.com and the copyright owner. You will not make any changes to any Content that You are permitted to download under this agreement, and in particular You will not delete or alter any proprietary rights or attribution notices in any Content. You agree that You do not acquire any ownership rights in any downloaded Content.
5. Content We Host
All Content is provided “as is” without warranty of any kind.
The Creators of international-dictionnaire.com do not make any warranty whatsoever, express or implied, as to the accuracy or completeness of the Content or the results to be obtained from using the Content, and they will not be responsible for any claims attributable to errors, omissions, or other inaccuracies in the information contained therein.
The entire risk of the results and performance of the Content is assumed by You, the user.
Further, neither The Creators nor any of its data suppliers make any representations or warranties, either express or implied, with respect to the Content, including, but not limited to, the quality, performance, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of the Content or any information contained therein.
In no event will The Creators or any of its data suppliers be liable for direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use the Content or for any loss or damage of any nature caused to any person as a result of that use.
Content may contain objectionable or erroneous definitions:
a. You may encounter material that you find offensive, erroneous, misleading, mislabeled, or otherwise objectionable. We therefore ask that you use common sense and proper judgement when using The Site.
b. This content is presented for general informational purposes only. It should not be taken as professional advice. Please seek independent professional counseling from someone who is licensed or qualified to provide professional services.
6. Refraining from Certain Activities
We happily welcome your contributions or comments to The Site. We encourage you to be civil and polite in your interactions with others using The Site, to act in good faith, and to make edits and contributions aimed at furthering the mission of the Site.
Certain activities, whether legal or illegal, may be harmful to other users and violate our rules, and some activities may also subject you to liability. Therefore, for your own protection and for that of other users, you may not engage in such activities on our sites. These activities include:
a. Harassing and Abusing Others
• Engaging in harassment, threats, stalking, spamming, or vandalism; and
• Transmitting chain mail, junk mail, or spam to other users.
b. Violating the Privacy of Others
• Infringing the privacy rights of others under the laws of your country (which may include the laws where you live or where you view or edit content);
• Soliciting personally identifiable information for purposes of harassment, exploitation, violation of privacy, or any promotional or commercial purpose; and
• Soliciting personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 for an illegal purpose or violating any applicable law regarding the health or well-being of minors.
c. Engaging in False Statements, Impersonation, or Fraud
• Intentionally or knowingly posting content that constitutes libel or defamation;
• With the intent to deceive, posting content that is false or inaccurate;
• Attempting to impersonate another user or individual, misrepresenting your affiliation with any individual or entity, or using the username of another user with the intent to deceive; and
• Engaging in fraud.
d. Committing Infringement
• Infringing copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other proprietary rights under applicable law.
e. Misusing Our Services for Other Illegal Purposes
• Posting child pornography or any other content that violates applicable law concerning child pornography;
• Posting or trafficking in obscene material that is unlawful under applicable law; and
• Using the services in a manner that is inconsistent with applicable law.
f. Engaging in Disruptive and Illegal Misuse of Facilities
• Posting or distributing content that contains any viruses, malware, worms, Trojan horses, malicious code, or other device that could harm our technical infrastructure or system or that of our users;
• Engaging in automated uses of the site that are abusive or disruptive of the services;
• Disrupting the services by placing an undue burden on The Site or the networks or servers connected with The Site;
• Disrupting the services by inundating any part of The Site with communications or other traffic that suggests no serious intent to use of The Site for its stated purpose;
• Knowingly accessing, tampering with, or using any of our non-public areas in our computer systems without authorization; and
• Probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of any of our technical systems or networks unless all the following conditions are met:
• such actions do not unduly abuse or disrupt our technical systems or networks;
• such actions are not for personal gain (except for credit for your work);
• you report any vulnerabilities to developers; and
• you do not undertake such actions with malicious or destructive intent.
We reserve the right to exercise our enforcement discretion with respect to the above terms.
7. Disputes and Jurisdiction
We provide educational content to a very wide audience, but your use of our services is at your sole risk. We provide these services on an "as is" and "as available" basis, and we expressly disclaim all express or implied warranties of all kinds, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We make no warranty that our services will meet your requirements, be safe, secure, uninterrupted, timely, accurate, or error-free, or that your information will be secure.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through your use of our services is done at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any content or communication maintained by the service. We retain the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time with or without notice.
9. Limitation on Liability
The Creators of the website “www.international-dictionnaire.com” will not be liable to you or to any other party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses, regardless of whether we were advised of the possibility of such damage. In no event shall our liability exceed one thousand Canadian dollars (CND $1000.00) in aggregate. In the case that applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you, although our liability will be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
10. Other Terms
You understand that, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by us, you have no expectation of compensation for any activity, contribution, or idea that you provide to us.